Re: [fearnwhiskey] next week's new releases & reissues

  • Linda Maxwell
    Message 1 of 142 , May 3, 2005
      Oh, snap snap snap
      I swear I was just about to post about this too, Jacquilynne.
      Im a HUGE Lucinda fan and nothing will stop me buying her studio albums but
      live, she seems to have a reputation for being a real maverick.

      Having said that, Ive heard a cd (Steve Berry help me out on this, please)
      of Lu at ?? McCabes which is really excellent. I also have a recording (once
      again, compliments of Steve) of her with her Dad, Miller Williams, in which
      poetry readings are interspersed with Lu singing. I never tire of listening
      to that cd - simply wonderful.

      Lucinda came to Perth last year and I didnt end up seeing her because I've
      heard how erratic her performances can be and I really couldnt bring myself
      to fork up nearly $100 to hear one of her self-indulgent 10 minute
      soliloquies.

      I cant wait to hear about this new album.

      Linda

      P.S. At the risk of sounding like a cracked record, Carl, I want to say
      again how much I appreciate you posting the new releases/ re releases lists.
      Excellent.

      Message 142 of 142 , Apr 26, 2006
        Culled from ICE.
        <http://icemagazine.com/dates/228/release.asp>

        new releases
        may 02

        Current 93 Black Ships Ate the Sky (guest vocals by Marc Almond,
        Antony, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Shirley Collins and more) (Durtro)

        Danko Jones Sleep Is the Enemy (Razor & Tie)

        Alejandro Escovedo The Boxing Mirror (produced by John Cale) (Back
        Porch/Narada/EMI)

        Roy Hargrove Quintet Nothing Serious (w/Slide Hampton) (Verve)

        Pearl Jam Pearl Jam (J Records)

        vault releases
        may 02

        Albert King Complete at Montreux (Stax)

        Renaissance British Tour '76 (previously unreleased) (MLP)

        DVD Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll (Chronicles)