Bonnie Prince Billy

  • Linda Maxwell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2005
      I think this album was discussed some time ago, but I was in my favourite
      record shop today buying Prine's "Fair and Square" and "el momento
      descuidado" (The Church) when I heard Bonnie Prince Billy and Matt Sweeney's
      "Superwolf" playing!
      Im not one for impulsive buys but I simply had to have it. Had to...had
      to!!!
      It was 'My Home is the Sea' that had me hooked and squirming but Ive also
      found 'Death in the Sea', 'Beast for Thee', 'What are You' and 'Bed is for
      Sleeping' immediately appealing.

      I've only enjoyed isolated BPB songs in the past, so Superwolf has taken me
      unawares.

      Any comments/observations?

      Linda M.
    • Carl A Zimring
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2005
        > I've only enjoyed isolated BPB songs in the past, so Superwolf has taken
        > me unawares.
        >
        > Any comments/observations?

        I still haven't heard it, but tend to prefer Will Oldham when he's performing with a band (and without a drum machine). Viva Los Blues is still my favorite Palace/BPB release.