Re: Eric Bibb & Michael Jerome Browne

  • Barry Mazor
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2005
      --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Maxwell"
      <rinderpeste1@i...> wrote:
      > Ive just heard that Eric Bibb is playing at a small venue, here in Perth,
      this weekend.
      > Does anyone know what he's like live?

      Bibb's a pretty talented young acoustic-bluues orented performer, Linda,
      one of the younger guys in the Taj Mahal sort of roots and blues
      mode--Taj and Guy Davis even play on his most recent CD.
      Smoooth-voiced, mixes new songs in acoustic blues style with ballads...
      He's the son of the sixties folk scare star Leon Bibb, BTW.

      Barry
    • Linda Maxwell
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2005
        Barry, thanks for this info - it's much appreciated.
        Bibb is asking $45 a ticket (pretty steep price for the Fly where even
        Richard Thompson was only asking about $30/ticket) so I rather think I'll
        end up seeing how I feel on the night.
        Sigh....Im such a sucker for good live blues.

        I havent heard of Leon Bibb - do tell more.

        Linda

        > > Ive just heard that Eric Bibb is playing at a small venue, here in
        Perth,
        > this weekend.
        > > Does anyone know what he's like live?
        >

        > Bibb's a pretty talented young acoustic-bluues orented performer, Linda,
        > one of the younger guys in the Taj Mahal sort of roots and blues
        > mode--Taj and Guy Davis even play on his most recent CD.
        > Smoooth-voiced, mixes new songs in acoustic blues style with ballads...
        > He's the son of the sixties folk scare star Leon Bibb, BTW.
        >
        > Barry
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Barry Mazor
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2005
          > I havent heard of Leon Bibb - do tell more.
          > Linda

          See:

          http://www.wirz.de/music/bibblfrm.htm