Re: [fearnwhiskey] Bettye Lavette & Joe Henry

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2005
      --On Monday, March 7, 2005 11:45 PM +0000 jwmoosefan2001 <johnw@...>
      wrote:

      > I'd much rather have Joe Henry take a shot at it than Don Was.

      We should send this list to Burke, and to Bobby Womack. (I'm still waiting
      for Womack to do a dozen tracks produced by ?uestlove.)

      > Hopefully, they'll let Dan Penn write some of the songs.

      Penn should do another solo disc someday.

      Carl Z.
    • Barry Mazor
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2005
        --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Zimring <cz28@a...> wrote:
        >> > Hopefully, they'll let Dan Penn write some of the songs.
        > Penn should do another solo disc someday.

        He's been very busy producing, some of t he work being in county or
        nera-country--the latest, the next Greg Trooper CD, out soon.

        And I find that every production Penn is involve with comes out ahead for it..