Bettye Lavette & Joe Henry

  • jwmoosefan2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2005
      Well, seeing as how the e-mail is from Bettye Lavette, I guess this
      is reliable information. This has the potential to be pretty damn
      good since she can still sing great.

      I'd much rather have Joe Henry take a shot at it than Don Was.

      Hopefully, they'll let Dan Penn write some of the songs.

      -John

      From: <lavette662@a...>
      Date: Mon Mar 7, 2005 9:31am
      Subject: HELLO, EVERYBODY!

      Hey SSers,
      I hope this finds all of you well, and even nearly as happy as I am.
      First of all let me say thanks to Alan Shutro and the Mesa Blues
      Society for the wonderful reception for me and my
      guys, last weekend. And for the wonderful words you posted here.
      As my good freind David Cole posted, I have signed a three CD deal
      with Epitaph Records and I will be on their Anti! lable.
      We will start recording the first part of May, with intentions of a
      September release. My producer will be Grammy
      Award winner Joe Henry.
      We have already stareted working on choosing songs, so far we have
      six that I love, and am busy learning them.
      As I am jumping the gun, I will save any further details until the
      offical press release. But I feel so close to you guys,
      who have cared for me, for SO long, and most of you know as much
      about me as I do, and because one of you married
      me, to care for me first hand. (lol)
      I had to let you know first, from me.
      This year will be my forty-fourth year in this buisness, I have NEVER
      been able to pull all of the components together,
      but this time things look really good.
      I've got the love, the friend, the band, the agent, the producer, and
      now the record company.
      And if I start to make lots of money, even a manager will
      mysteriously appear. (lol)
      I Thank You All SO MUCH, for your continued support and encouragement
      over the years.
      Here we go again!
      ALWAYS,
      B.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2005
        --On Monday, March 7, 2005 11:45 PM +0000 jwmoosefan2001 <johnw@...>
        wrote:

        > I'd much rather have Joe Henry take a shot at it than Don Was.

        We should send this list to Burke, and to Bobby Womack. (I'm still waiting
        for Womack to do a dozen tracks produced by ?uestlove.)

        > Hopefully, they'll let Dan Penn write some of the songs.

        Penn should do another solo disc someday.

        Carl Z.
      • Barry Mazor
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2005
          --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Zimring <cz28@a...> wrote:
          >> > Hopefully, they'll let Dan Penn write some of the songs.
          > Penn should do another solo disc someday.

          He's been very busy producing, some of t he work being in county or
          nera-country--the latest, the next Greg Trooper CD, out soon.

          And I find that every production Penn is involve with comes out ahead for it..