More on the Minutemen film / Mike Watt

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2005
      Mike Watt forwards the following release, and he's also the subject of a
      long interview (about his current activities and the scary health problems
      he had a couple years ago) at Neumu:
      <http://www.neumu.net/datastream/2005/2005-00005/2005-00005_datastream.shtml>.

      ***

      Hello Everyone,

      We are proud to announce that WE JAM ECONO -
      THE STORY OF THE MINUTEMEN is done! Please
      help us get the word out about the premiere.
      Post the info to every newsgroup that you're on,
      e-mail your friends, and tell the whole world!

      THE SAN PEDRO FILM SOCIETY AND ROCKET FUEL
      FILMS ANNOUNCE THE PREMIERE OF: WE JAM ECONO
      - THE STORY OF THE MINUTEMEN

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      February 4, 2005
      For more information, contact
      Keith Schieron
      press@...

      The San Pedro Film Society in association
      with Rocket Fuel Films is proud to announce
      the premiere of WE JAM ECONO - THE STORY OF
      THE MINUTEMEN at 8PM on Friday, February 25,
      2005 at San Pedro's historic Warner Grand
      Theatre. Minutemen Mike Watt and George
      Hurley along with Director Tim Irwin and
      Producer Keith Schieron will sit for a
      question and answer session with the audience
      after the screening. Michael Halloran from San
      Diego's FM94.9 will moderate the question and
      answer session.

      WE JAM ECONO - THE STORY OF THE MINUTEMEN is
      a feature length documentary chronicling this
      ground breaking, early 80's punk rock band
      from their humble beginnings in the harbor
      town of San Pedro, CA to their untimely
      demise when lead singer and guitarist D. Boon
      was killed in a van accident in December of
      1985.

      Told by those who were there, WE JAM ECONO -
      THE STORY OF THE MINUTEMEN weaves together
      footage from over fifty newly shot interviews
      with archival interviews and live performances
      to capture the dynamic energy and
      do-it-yourself spirit of these punk rock
      pioneers. Newly shot interviews include
      Minutemen Mike Watt and George Hurley as well
      as Bill Morgan, Brendan Mullen, Brother Dale,
      Brother Matt, Byron Coley, Carla Bozulich,
      Carlos Guitarlos, Chris Morris, Colin Newman,
      Dave Markey, David Rees, Dez Cadena, Ed
      Crawford, Flea, Greg Ginn, Henry Rollins, Ian
      Mackaye, J Mascis, Jack Brewer, Jean Watt,
      Jello Biafra, Joe Baiza, Joe Carducci, John
      Doe, John Talley-jones, Keith Morris, Kevin
      Barrett, Kira Roessler, Kjehl Johansen, Kurt
      Schellenbach, Lisa Roeland, Martin Lyon,
      Michel C. Ford, Mike Martt, Milo Auckerman,
      Nannette Roeland, Nels Cline, Pat Hoed, Randy
      Jahnson, Ray Farrell, Raymond Pettibon,
      Richard Bonney, Richard Derrick, Richard
      Hell, Richard Meltzer, Bobby Holtzman, Scott
      Becker, Thurston Moore, Tom Watson, Tony
      Platon and Vince Meghrouni.

      The Warner Grand Theatre box office will open
      at 7PM. Advance tickets are available at
      http://www.theminutemen.com/latest.html -
      General Admission is $10. Students, San Pedro
      Film Society Members and Grand Vision Members
      can buy tickets the evening of the premiere
      at the box office for $8.

      For more information including trailer, press
      kit, and ticket information:

      http://www.theminutemen.com
      http://www.thesanpedrofilm.org
      http://www.thewarnergrand.com

      Tim Irwin and Keith Schieron
    • Kevin J. Hosey
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2005
        Val and I are heading up to Toronto to see Buddy Miller at the
        Horseshoe tonight, so if anyone on the list wants to say hello, look
        for: me, shaved head, 6-foot-3, with a notebook and wearing glasses.
        Val: blonde, 5-foot-4, walking with a cane and with a small digital
        camera.

        Kevin
        http://Buffaloroots.com
      • Kevin J. Hosey
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23, 2005
          FINALLY, after more crap than Val and I really want to explain (but you
          can add a vehicle accident to the list), the newest update of
          http://Buffaloroots.com, including live reviews of Buddy Miller, Gurf
          Morlix, Peter Case and the second Tri-Mania event, as well as CD
          reviews of Ani DiFranco, Justin Rutledge, Slant 6 Cowboys and Jonathan
          Rundman, is online.
          As previously noted, we are intensifying our efforts and have some new
          stuff already in the works, so it won't take so long for the next
          update.
          Thank you to everyone here who has asked about things and checked out
          the site, as well as those of you who have sent links (the only thing
          not yet ready is our links page, which continues to grow) and CDs to
          review, and we welcome more of everything.

          Kevin, getting ready for his WBNY 91.3 FM Alumni Weekend air shift
          tomorrow (noon-2 p.m.; due to number of people participating, the shift
          lengths was cut back from 3 hours)
          http://Buffaloroots.com