Playlist: "Does Your Hometown Really Care" 2/4/05

  • jason baldinger
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2005

      Does Your Hometown Really Care

      Thursdays Noon to 4 PM

      88.3 fm in Pittsburgh or www.wrct.org on the web

      Song Feature: Trains, Railroads

      Jason Baldinger

      Americana Director

      1 WRCT Plaza

      Carnegie Mellon University

      5000 Forbes Ave

      Pgh, PA 15213

      Golden Gate Gospel Quartet/ V/A-Goodbye, Babylon/ Golden Gate Gospel Train

      Johnny Horton/ The Spectacular/ The First Train Headin' South

      Cannon's Jug Stompers/ The Complete Works 1927-1930/ Big Railroad Blues
      Bobby Bare/The Best Of/ Charleston Railroad Tavern

      Wayne Hancock/ Thunderstorms and Neon Signs/ Railroad Joe

      Entrance/ Wandering Stranger/ The Train Is Leaving

      Bobby Hebb/ V/A-From Where I Stand: The Black Experience In Country Music/ The Night Train To Nashville

      Wilmer Watts & The Lonely Eagles/ V/A-Times Ain't Like They Used to Be, Vol. 2/ Knocking Down Casey Jones

      David Grubbs/ Thirty-Minute Raven/ T/T

      Django Reinhardt/ Vol 5/ Mystery Pacific

      Neko Case/ The Tigers Have Spoken/ The Train From Kansas City

      Kentucky Ramblers/ V/A-The Music Of Kentucky/ The Unfortunate Brakemen

      The Carter Family/ Can The Circle Be Unbroken/ Little Black Train

      R.E.M./ Eponymous/ Driver 8*

      The Kinks/ Are The Village Green Preservation Society/ Last Of The Steam Powered Trains Tony Rice/ Manzinita/ Blue Railroad Train*

      Rev. Robert Wilkins/ ...Remeber Me/ Streamline Frisco Limited

      Paik/ Satin Black/ Stellar Meltdown En El Oceano

      Roy Acuff/ Great Speckled Bird/ Freight Train Blues
      Lee Hazlewood/ Cowboy In Sweden/ No Train To Stockholm

      Meade Lux Lewis/ V/A-When the Sun Goes Down: That's Chicago's South Side/ Honky Tonk Train Blues

      Gene Autry/ V/A-Roots N' Blues: The Retrospective (1925-1950) Dixie Cannonball

      Elizabeth Cotten/ Shake Sugaree/ When The Train Come Along

      Jimmy Martin/ The King of Bluegrass/ Mr. Engineer

      Bascom Lamar Lunsford/ V/A-Anthology Of American Folk Music/ I Wish I was A Mole In The Ground

      Deford Bailey/ V/A- From Where I Stand: The Black Experience In Country Music/ Pan American Blues

      Tampa Red/ Bottleneck Guitar 1928-1937/ Through Train Blues*

      Greg Davis/ Somnia/ Archer

      Jimmie Rodgers/ Classic Sides Waiting/ On A Train

      Fred Neil/ Bleeker & McDougal/ Mississippi Train

      Kossoy Sisters /Bowling Green/ Engine 143

      Faun Fables/ Mother Twilight/ Train

      Bukka White/ Big Daddy/ Glory Bound Train/

      Tony Joe White/ The Train I'm On/ T/T

      Christine Kitrell/ V/A-Night Train to Nashville: Music City Rhythm & Blues 1945-1970/ L & N Special

      Abner Jay/ One Man Band/ Royal Palm

      Alexander Rishaug/ Possible Landscape/ The Mountain Song

      Josh White/ The Best of Josh White/ John Henry

      Blue Sky Boys/ On Radio Vol 1/ The Longest Train I Ever Saw

      Will Roseborough/ V/A-Deep River of Song: Black Texicans/ The Dallas Railway

      Furry Lewis/ V/A-Anthology Of American Folk Music/ Kassie Jones

      Zelienople/ Sleeper Coach/ Corner Lot

      Elvis Presley/ The Sun Sessions Mystery Train/

      Vernon Dalhart/ V/A-Early Counrty/ Wreck Of The Old 97

      Duke Ellington/ The Blanton- Webster Band/ Take The A-Train

      The Pentangle/ Basket of Light/ Train Song

      Sol Hoopii/ V/A-Hula BluesTrain Song

      Rev. A.W Nix/ V/A-Goodbye, Babylon/ Black Diamond Express To Hell

      Frank Hutchinson/ V/A-Times Ain't Like They Used To Be Vol. 8 The Train That Carried My Girl From Town

      Merle Haggard/ My Love Affair With Trains/ I Won't Give Up My Train

      Notekillers/ Self-titled/ The Zipper

      Tom Rush/ S/T/ Panama Limited

      John Fahey/ The Dance Of Death & Other Plantation Favorites? The Last Steam Train Engine*

      Big Bill Broonzy/ V/A- Roots & Blues: The Retrospective (1925-1950)/ C & A Blues

      Hank Snow /The Singing Ranger/ Ben Dewberry's Final Run

      Garland Jubilee Singers/ V/A-My Rough & Rowdy Ways/ This Train

      Bob Dylan/ Highway 61 Revisited/ It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry

      Johnny Cash/ Orange Blossom Special/ T/T

      Tom Waits / Franks Wild Years/ Train Song

      * = Request

      Do you Yahoo!?