RE: [fearnwhiskey] Clip: Magnolia Electric Co.'s Prep Debut LP, Tour

  • steve@clinkmagazine.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
      > The trick there was that the album was actually titled Magnolia Electric
      > Co but was by Songs:Ohia. The confusing aspect was that Molina announced
      > simultaneously (at least roughly) with the album's release that he was
      > changing his whole project's name to Magnolia Electric Co., but that
      > wasn't officially the case for the album by that name.

      I knew you were going to say that. <g>

      Here's the deal, though. I read in an interview that Jason said that the
      band name was M.E.O. but that the record label slapped "Songs:Ohia" on the
      topspine because they figured nobody would know who the hell they were. If
      you look at the CD, though, nowhere on it does it say Songs:Ohia. At least
      that's what I read.

      Not that it matters much. Once this all get settled he'll probably change
      the band name to something else like "Handbags;Try Me French".

      steve, who as much as he thinks JM can do now wrong really is starting to
      wonder if anyone can sound that much like Neil Young and still claim it to
      be original material