Re: [fearnwhiskey] Oh Susanna + BHP

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2002
      > I agree with you that Eric is doing things more as enthusiast than pro but
      > the best promotion of Oh Susanna came from mags as Mojo, Uncut,
      > Comes with a smile,...... Album was so good that doesn't matter how small
      label
      > is it is shining so bright and you can't miss it.

      If that were true, I think the world would be a better place. But the truth
      is that with increased promotion you get increased exposure. Up to this
      point I think Oh Susanna has concentrated more on her fanbase outside of the
      US (touring, magazines, etc.) As far as US press and touring goes, she's
      done very little in comparison to acts that we might consider big (Neko
      Case, etc), but would be smallish in the big landscape of pop music.

      > Sleepy little sailor was Steve and mine number one on the list of
      > the best albums in 2002. Am i right Steve?

      SLS was my number one twangy album, #2 overall. Death Cab for Cutie was my
      favorite album overall. But yes, I loved it.

      steve

      np: Bleed "Motor Psycho", I got this based on their terrific performance at
      Sleazefest this year. So far so good...