Re: hearing protection (was Karl Hendricks in concert)

  • jlswedberg
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12, 2002
      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., Carl Zimring <cz28@a...> wrote:
      > (Speaking of which, has Bob
      > Mould made a decent-sounding disc without the help of Lou Giordano in the
      > past 10 years?)

      Dave Barbe once told me that, around the time they recorded one of the
      Sugar albums, he said something to Bob about the Husker Du records
      being treble-y. Apparently Bob wrinkled up his forehead in confusion
      and asked, "What do you mean?"

      > Kelly's advice is also good if you plan to mix live sound and don't want
      > everything to sound like a Melvins concert.

      True that. Too many deaf sound people out there. *Those* are the people
      who need to be buying the $150 earplugs, not that they can afford them.

      --Jamie "I sure would have loved to see the shows where Jucifer opened
      for the Melvins...maybe they'll do it again sometime" S.