Superdrag (was: hearing protection)

  • Dave Purcell
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2002
      Deborah wrote:

      <<But the quick take is that I really liked Flaming Lips, Springsteen,
      Superdrag and Neko. Not so much Kelly Willis or Allison Moorer. Jury's still
      out on the last two though.>>

      The jury is still out for me on the new Superdrag -- so far, I really like
      the first three or four songs and the rootsy song toward the end, but I lose
      interest in the rest. But I've only listened maybe three or four times.
      Maybe I set the bar too high after seeing them do blisteringly good sets at
      two different shows lately. What was most impressive was seeing them play
      with just as much energy in front of 30 people in Toronto as they did
      opening for Pete Yorn (Yawn) in front of nearly 1,000 at a sold out show
      less than three weeks before that. Mic Harrison is a nice addition.

      Dave

      --Dave Purcell, newport@...
      Pike 27: http://www.pike27.net/