9332Steve's WXDU Playlist for 6/30/04 7-9am

  • Steve Gardner
    Jun 30, 2004
      Here is today's playlist.

      If you are local, come on out to the Federal (http://www.thefederal.net/) tonight from 9:30pm to 2:00am to hear me revive Topsoil (twangy music), but this time where it should be...live in a bar.

      See ya.
      Steve Gardner

      *Faust vs. Dalek/Hungry For Now/Derbe Respect, Alder/
      *Carl Hancock Rex/Apothecary Song/Apothecary Rx/Giant Step
      *Duke Ellington/Black Beauty/The Okeh Ellington/Columbia

      *My Morning Jacket/The Bear/Acoustic Citsuoca/ATO
      *Jim Guthrie/Problem With Solutions/Now, More Than Ever/Three Gut
      *Elliot Smith/Pretty (Ugly Before)/Pretty (Ugly Before) 7"/Suicide Squeeze
      [This came out last year. It's a track from his upcoming
      album that was due in early 2004, until Smith's tragic suicide.
      Now it is due out later this year. Great song.]

      *Decemberists/The Bachelor and the Bride/Her Majesty the
      Decemberists/Kill Rock Stars
      *David Grubbs/Knight Errant/A Guess At The Riddle/Drag City
      *Ride/Dreams Burn Down/Waves/The First Time
      [An alternate slower version of this old shoegazer classic,
      recorded on the John Peel show in February of 1990.]

      *Meat Purveyors/Car Crash/Pain By Numbers/Bloodshot
      [From their new CD!]
      *Avett Brothers/Please Pardon Yourself/Mignonette/Ramseur
      *Two Dollar Pistols/It Doesn't Matter Much To Me/Hands Up!/Yep Roc
      *Hayden/Home By Saturday/Elk-Lake Serenade/Badman

      *The Zombies/Friends of Mine/Odessey & Oracle/Big Beat
      [By request]
      *The Lyrics/So What!!/Nuggets/Rhino
      *Thee Shams/If You Gotta Go/Please Yourself/Fat Possum
      *Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers/Chinese Rocks
      (Live)/DTK LAMF/Jungle
      *Avengers/The American In Me/Died For Your Sins/Lookout

      *The Album Leaf/The Outer Banks/In A Safe Place/Sub Pop
      *Broken Spindles/Fall In And Down On/Fulfilled-Complete/Saddle Creek
      *Rhythm King and Her Friends/Yvonne/I Am Disco/Kitty-Yo
      *DJ Shadow/Organ Donor/In Tune and On Time/Geffen

      *Joel RL Phelps and the Downer Trio/Mother I'm Missing/Customs/Moneyshot
      *David Dondero/Less Than The Air/The Transient/Future Farmer
      *Robyn Hitchcock/Trams of Old London/I Often Dream Of Trains/Rhino
      *Belle and Sebastian/Stay Loose/Dear Catastrophe Waitress/Rough Trade
      *Elvis Costello/The Beat/This Year's Model/Rhino

      *!!!/Shit Sheisse Merde Pt 1/Louden Up Now/Touch and Go

      See ya.