9162Re: [fearnwhiskey] favorites of 2004 (so far)?

  • Kevin J. Hosey
    May 29, 2004
      Well , I had gotten behind on my new CD reception and listening and was
      just starting to catch up when my Dad died, so I'm way behind now, but
      the two new ones I've heard that stand out are Mission of Burma's
      "ONoffON" and "Threats and Promises" by Greg Hobbs (thank you,
      Americana Media Promotions). Hobbs is reminiscent of and at times
      sounds like Slaid Cleaves without sounding like he is trying to;
      actually, I'm still undecided about the new Slaid Cleaves. Yes, it's
      good, but how good I am still not certain.
      My wife Val, by the way, loves the new Los Lobos.

      Kevin
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic