7842Wrens (was Re: 2003 favorites)

  • Lisa
    Dec 2, 2003
      --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Catherine Lewis <cplewis@i...>
      > On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Perfect Sound Forever wrote:
      > > I've listen to the Wrens a few times now and it's really doing
      nothing for
      > > me. I'm trying hard to hear something especially as a number of
      > > whose opinion I respect like 'em a lot but it ain't happened yet.

      That's cool. It's hard to describe why music affects you, positively
      or negatively. I guess with the Wrens, for me personally, the record
      makes me really sad(and in a good way if that makes any sense). The
      whole record from start to finish is about a breakup that the lead
      singer did not want to happen. I like his voice although I really
      had to listen to it on head phones a few times before I fell in love
      with it. He writes some damn good lyrics and the fact that they are
      all in my age bracket, 35-40, is cool.

      "..I can't type, I can't temp, and I'm way past college"

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic