7652Billy Bragg (was: songs about globalization)

    Nov 8, 2003
      --On Friday, November 7, 2003 1:40 PM -0500 "Wilson, Carl"
      <cwilson@...> wrote:

      > My favourite Billy Bragg tune that's sort of on this subject is the
      > little-known, Clash-style rant, "North Sea Bubble," which begins with the
      > great line, "I went out drinking with Thomas Paine/ He said all
      > revolutions are not the same."

      _Don't Try This At Home_ is from start to finish my favorite Bragg record,
      and though it's been a while since I've listened to it, there are a few
      relevant details sprinkled throughout from the guy driving a Mitsubishi
      Zero to the rumors of war and the bubble Carl W. references. And Bragg's
      an obvious source for articulating the last days of the the Cold War...