7144new releases & reissues for next Tuesday

    Sep 2, 2003
      Some titles here I had no idea were coming out -- Laibach, Paula Frazer?
      And plenty of blues reissues.

      Carl Z.

      ***

      <http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/release198.asp>

      new releases
      september 09

      The Aluminum Group More Happyness (ICE #198) (Wishing Tree)

      Belle & Sebastian Step Into My Office Baby (EP) (Sanctuary/Rough Trade)

      Frank Black & the Catholics Show Me Your Tears (ICE #198) (spinART)

      British Sea Power The Decline of (Rough Trade)

      Brotzmann, Van Hove, Bennink FMP130 (Atavistic/UMS)

      June Carter Cash Wildwood Flower (ICE #198) (DualTone)

      Roger Creager Long Way to Mexico (DualTone)

      The Decemberists Her Majesty (Kill Rock Stars)

      Dave Derby (of Dambuilders) Even Further Behind (ICE #198) (Badman)

      The Diplomats of Solid Sound Let's Cool One (Estrus)

      East River Pipe Garbageheads on Endless Stun (Merge)

      Paula Frazer A Place That I Know (Birdman)

      The Gossip Undead in NYC (Dim Mak)

      The Innocence Mission Small Planes (Badman)

      Iron and Wine The Sea and the Rhythm (EP) (Sub Pop)

      David J. Estranged (ICE #198) (Heyday)

      Kingsbury Manx Afternoon Owls (EP) (Overcoat)

      Laibach Wat (Mute)

      Los Straitjackets Supersonic Guitars in 3-D (Yep Roc)

      My Morning Jacket It Still Moves (ICE #198) (ATO/RCA)

      Nanang Tatang (Ida's Liz and Dan) Muki (Tiger Style)

      North Mississippi Allstars Polaris (ICE #193) (Tone-Cool/Artemis)

      Pretty Girls Make Graves The New Romance (Matador)

      Quasi Hot Shit (ICE #198) (Touch and Go)

      Don Rigsby The Midnight Call (Sugar Hill)

      Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys Bon Rêve (Rounder)

      Sir Mix-A-Lot Daddy's Home (iMUSIC)

      Spiritualized Amazing Grace (Spaceman/Sanctuary)

      James "Blood" Ulmer No Escape from the Blues: The Electric Lady Sessions
      (ICE #198) (Hyena)

      The Waterboys Universal Hall (Minty Fresh)

      The Wrens The Meadowlands (ICE #191) (Absolutely Kosher)

      ZZ Top Mescalero (ICE #193) (RCA)

      OST Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues: Feel Like Going Home - A Film by
      Martin Scorsese, Piano Blues - A Film by Clint Eastwood, The Soul of a Man
      - A Film by Wim Wenders, Warming by the Devil's Fire - A Film by Charles
      Burnett (Sony/Legacy),

      Godfathers & Sons - A Film by Marc Levi, Red, White & Blues - A Film by
      Mike Figgis and The Road to Memphis - A Film by Richard Pearce (ICE #198)
      (Hip-O/UME)

      SACD Allison Moorer Show (hybrid) (Universal South)

      from the vaults
      september 09

      AC/DC The Bonfire Box (four CDs) (Epic)

      Greg Brown If I Had I Known - Essential Recordings, 1980-1996
      (w/limited-edition documentary DVD) (Red House)

      Johnny Cash All Aboard the Blue Train (Varèse Sarabande)

      Patsy Cline Greatest Hits (remastered; ICE #186) (MCA Nashville/UME)

      Elvis Costello Get Happy!, Punch the Clock and Trust (two-CD sets; ICE
      #197) (Warner Archives/Rhino)

      Skeeter Davis The Pop Hits Collection (Taragon)

      Eric Dolphy This Is (two CDs) (Fuel 2000)

      The Fall Touch Sensitive - The Bootlegs (five CDs) (Sanctuary/Castle)

      Kinky Friedman Sold American (Vanguard)

      Gang Green We'll Give It to You/Older... Budweiser (two-fer) (Roadrunner)
      (Sanctuary/Castle)

      Illinois Jacquet llinois Jacquet Quartet (Storyville)

      Eartha Kitt Platinum & Gold (RCA/BMG Heritage)

      Lovin' Spoonful Platinum & Gold (Buddha/BMG Heritage)

      Taj Mahal Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues (ICE #198) (Sony/Legacy)

      Henry Mancini Platinum & Gold (RCA/BMG Heritage)

      Blind Willie McTell Statesboro Blues: The Secret History of Rock & Roll
      (Bluebird/AAL)

      Sinéad O'Connor She Who Dwells in the Secret Place of the Most High Shall
      Abide Under the Shadow of the Almighty (two CDs) (Vanguard)

      Beth Orton The Other Side of Daybreak (B-sides and rarities) (Astralwerks)

      Bruce Palmer (ex-Buffalo Springfield) The Cycle Is Complete (ICE #197)
      (Collectors' Choice)

      Michelle Shocked Short Sharp Shocked (two CDs; ICE #198) (Mighty Sound)

      The Undertones Hypnotised, Positive Touch, The Sin of Pride and The
      Undertones (Sanctuary/Castle)

      Sonny Boy Williamson Bluebird Blues: The Secret History of Rock & Roll
      (Bluebird/AAL)

      DVD Saturday Night Live: 25 Years of Music - Performances and Sketches
      (five discs; ICE #199) (Lions Gate)

      DVD Audio Marshall Crenshaw From the Front Row... Live! (Silverline)

      SACD The Alan Lomax Collection: Blues Songbook (two CDs; ICE #199) (Rounder)

      SACD Marvin Gaye Let's Get It On (hybrid) (Motown/UME)