4557Re: new zine for old boomers

  • samchecker <mwyatt@columbus.rr.com>
    Mar 4, 2003
      --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, jeffj@b... wrote:
      I'd like to see a domestic zine that fell
      > somewhere between Harp and Mojo. Or even a decent American "rock"
      > zine for that matter. Now *there's* a dream job- owner and publisher
      of
      > Creem Magazine. Hhmmm, I wonder who my first "Creem Dream" would
      > be?

      Funny you should mention this. I just finished reading Jim DeRogatis'
      excellent bio of Lester Bangs, called Let It Blurt, and it made me
      really really nostalgic for the days when I just bought what Creem
      told me to buy. I owe so much to that magazine, and there's never
      been one like it since. I'd be a slave to a mag that was just half as
      good.

      Mark
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic