426new releases this month

    Jul 4, 2002
      There are some promising titles on July's release schedule. I'm quite
      curious to hear Linda Thompson's first album in 17 years, especially after
      she was coaxed back into performing by David Thomas for his "Mirror Man"
      project.

      Carl Z.

      ***

      From ICE <http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/release184.shtm>:

      July 2

      Ron Carter Stardust (Blue Note)

      Cinerama Torino (co-produced by Steve Albini) (Manifesto)

      Dave Douglas The Tiny Bell Trio (Songlines)

      Jack Logan & Bob Kimbell Woodshedding (Parasol)

      Lee "Scratch" Perry The Upsetter Shop, Vol. 3: Baffling Smoke Signal
      (Heartbeat)

      The Possibilities Way Out! (Parasol)

      July 9

      Bobby Bare, Jr. Young Criminals' Starvation League (Bloodshot)

      Ian Gomm Rock 'N' Roll Heart (Nanci Griffiths guests) (Gommsongs)

      Jason Loewenstein (of Sebadoh) At Sixes and Sevens (Sub Pop)

      Dolly Parton Halos & Horns (Sugar Hill)

      Kevin Russell's Junker (of the Gourds) Buttermilk & Rifles (Jon Dee Graham
      guests) (Sugar Hill)

      July 16

      Drive-by Truckers Southern Rock Opera (two CDs) (Lost Highway)

      Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (Reprise)

      Calvin Johnson What Was Me (K)

      Wayne Kramer Adult World (MuscleTone)

      Marah Float Away with the Friday Night Gods (E-Squared/Artemis)

      Roscoe Mitchell Song for My Sister (Pi)

      Jul 23

      Solomon Burke Don't Give Up on Me (Fat Possum)

      Mark Olson & the Creekdippers December's Child (DualTone)

      Public Enemy Revolverlution (Slamjamz/Koch)

      Joe Louis Walker In the Morning (Telarc)

      VA sonar2002 (two CDs w/Arto Lindsay, Yo La Tengo, S.I. Futures and Carl
      Cox) (Milan)

      July 30

      Johnny Horton Makes History (S&P)

      Beth Orton Daybreaker (Heavenly/Astralwerks)

      Greg Osby Inner Circle (Blue Note/Metro Blue)

      Dave Pirner (of Soul Asylum) Faces and Names (Ultimatum Music)

      Linda Thompson Fashionably Late (Rounder)

      Ralph White (ex-Bad Livers) Trash Fish (Terminus)
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic