4085Re: Senators grill Clear Channel CEO

  • Perfect Sound Forever
    Feb 1, 2003
      Also realize what a bind that many artists are in because Clear Channel
      owns not only so many radio stations across the country but also
      Ticketmaster. This means that they can punish anyone with decreased
      airplay or logistical problems of mounting a tour. Even if there isn't
      documented cases of this (please tell me if I'm wrong!), the mere THREAT of
      such a thing is sufficient enough to silence people in the business.

      Best,
      Jason

      Perfect Sound Forever
      online music magazine with warped perspectives
      perfect-sound@...
      http://www.perfectsoundforever.com
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic