375Pray for Rain RE: [fearnwhiskey] Re: emo

  • czimring
    Jul 3, 2002
      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Hill, Christopher J"
      <christopher.j.hill2@b...> wrote:
      > > Carl Z.
      > > hoping PiL's "The Slab" and old Pray For Rain make it to the reissue
      > > stage next
      >
      > Carl, is this the same Pray for Rain that did soundtrack
      > music for "Floundering" and "Roadside Prophets"?

      Yep, as well as part of the _Sid and Nancy_ soundtrack.

      > I checked
      > around a long time ago, looking for further stuff by them,
      > and only found a few soundtrack appearances, plus a Christian
      > band with the same name (a.k.a. PfR). Have they released a
      > proper album?

      As far as I know, the only releases they ever had were soundtracks.
      They played a bit aroound San Francisco in the late 80s, but I don't
      know what became of them.

      Speaking of cool guitar bands with no records, does anyone know if
      ex-Avenger/Chris Isaak guitarist Jimmy Wilsey will ever release a
      record with his Mysterians? I've been waiting for ages....Bruce
      Licher was supposed to have a new Scenic record by now as well.
      (Lisa, if you like the new Chris Brokaw record, check out Scenic!)