364Re: emo

  • lmerlin01
    Jul 2, 2002
      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Steve Gardner" <steve@t...> wrote:

      > I think you could break the definition of emo down to bands that
      are yelly.
      > Yes, yelly.

      Do I like yelly bands, Steve? I'm not sure <g>. Thanks for the site.
      The term is a bit irritating as I think all music is emotional.

      I did find out how to be a cool emoster on the site though.

      Lisa "Steve Gardner needs to give Pedro the Lion another chance"
      Merlin

      the Emo Romulan look - short, thick, greasy, dyed-black hair with
      bangs cut straight across the forehead, and cut high over the ears.
      Someone from Time In Malta recently described to me the San Diego
      Crimson Curse scene as "Spock Rock."
      actually, any greasy dyed black hair. Bangs in front and spikes in
      back is very emo too.
      horn-rim glasses, or at least thick black frames.
      bald head, furry face (boys only). Goes especially well with horn-
      rims.
      heavy slacks, often too tight and short.
      thin, too-small polyester button-ups in dark colors, or threadbare
      children's size t-shirts with random slogans. Button the collar if
      you got one.
      clunky black shoes
      scarves
      gas station jackets. This has diffused a lot over the years though,
      it's no longer exclusive to emo kids. Nowadays, you may want to
      select a nice corduroy denim jacket.
      also classic outerwear but quickly diffusing to normality: the
      famous Blue Peacoat
      barrettes on boys
      make-up (male or female)
      too-small cardigans and v-neck sweaters