362Re: emo

  • czimring
    Jul 2, 2002
      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "lmerlin01" <lmerlin01@y...> wrote:
      > It's
      > described as emo too but I wouldn't know emo vs some form of indie
      > rock if I tripped over it. Give me some examples, kids

      Anguished facial expressions. Since there are subsequent posts I
      haven't read yet, I won't say much more other than Fugazi is a major
      influence upon the genre.

      > Lisa "hey how is that Chris Brokaw CD Carl?"

      It's completely solo on electric guitar and overdubbed percussion.
      Intense, driving riffs, much like Savage Republic's _Ceremonial_
      (which recently got reissued on CD). I love it, and with the Savage
      Republic reissues, 2002 is turning out to be a pretty good year for
      guitar instrumentals.

      Carl Z.
      hoping PiL's "The Slab" and old Pray For Rain make it to the reissue
      stage next
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic