21Sunny Border Blue (was Re: New Silkworm)

  • czimring
    May 20, 2002
      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., Rob Jefferson <jeffer@t...> wrote:
      > Sunny was a fairly decent album, but it felt like a holding pattern for
      > her, a repeat of sorts of her previous albums, but mostly like Sky
      Motel.
      > Not to say that it's a bad album -- it's actually rather enjoyable
      -- but
      > that she's not really going in any new/surprising directions with
      it. I
      > still say to pick it up, though.

      It's one of my favorites of hers. I agree that the sound follows from
      _Sky Motel_ (one-woman band with more electric guitar and percussion
      than on previous solo efforts), but her lyrics are among the most
      striking of her career, and she does a great reinterpretation of Cat
      Stevens's "Trouble". Does she have another disc in the pipeline? I
      haven't heard any of her Works in Progress mp3s she's done since _SBB_...

      Carl
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic