12887Richard Thompson interview, Laura Veirs article

  • psfmag
    Sep 30, 2010
      Greetings,

      In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

      RICHARD THOMPSON
      UK rock/folk legend interview
      "It's a funny thing and perhaps it's unique to singer/songwriters, in you're constantly revisiting your own work at all periods as it were. So you might have written a song when you were 18 and here you are, age 60, and you're at a concert and someone shouts out 'hey, play that song from 1967.' And you play it and it's a strange thing to be still singing that song."

      LAURA VEIRS
      Folkie's choicest cuts
      "Reader, I'd like to tell you about Laura Veirs, a singer/songwriter from Seattle whose music deserves more attention. Here, with some context woven in, is what you might hear if you download and listen to a bunch of Laura Veirs tracks."

      We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

      See you online,
      Jason