1254RE: [fearnwhiskey] SPOON

  • Hill, Christopher J
    Aug 28, 2002
      http://www.epitonic.com/artists/spoon.html - has MP3s from
      the last album. The new material's a step forward, but it
      gives you a little background.

      The August CMJ New Music Monthly has "The Way We Get By" on
      its monthly mix cd. The piano on the chorus reminds me of
      the Beatles' "Lady Madonna", though not directly.

      Would recommend Spoon's "Soft Effects" EP on Matador, also.
      "I Could See the Dude" and "Waiting for the Kid to Come Out"
      are stellar.

      Good CMJ mix cd, btw. Marianne Faithfull, The Soundtrack of
      our Lives, Bright Eyes, Violent Femmes (live "Gone Daddy
      Gone"), among others. Beth Orton & Ryan Adams' "Concrete
      Sky" is also included - pleasant, though not goosebumpy good.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic