12524Gun Club Movie plays Dublin

  • Stevo
    May 1, 2007
      Psychotic Reaction Films presents
      "Ghost on the Highway"
      A portrait of Jeffrey Lee Pierce and the Gun Club
      @The Bernard Shaw, Portobello, Dublin 8
      live performances by The Things and Friends
      w/ Love Action Dj's
      Sunday 6th of May
      8pm
      Ad: FREE!
      Get down there....

      "GHOST ON THE HIGHWAY"

      A Portrait of Jeffrey Lee Pierce and The Gun Club

      "Ghost on the Highway" is the provocative new feature documentary
      which
      examines and celebrates the late Jeffrey Lee Pierce in all his
      puckish,
      shit-stirring glory. The film is a two-fingered salute in honor of
      Pierce's
      legendary band The Gun Club, one of the most notorious and
      incendiary in the
      history of American popular music.

      "Ghost on the Highway" boasts comprehensive interviews with ex-Gun
      Club
      members Kid Congo Powers, Ward Dotson, Terry Graham, Jim Duckworth
      and Dee
      Pop, as well as observations and revelations from Pierce intimates
      such as
      Dave Alvin ("Blasters"), John Doe ("X"), Henry Rollins ("Black Flag;"
      "Rollins Band"), Mike Martt ("Tex and The Horseheads") and Peter Case
      ("Plimsouls"). Lemmy Kilmister ("Motorhead") makes a special
      appearance with
      an aim to excoriate the record industry.

      "Ghost" is directed by Kurt Voss and edited by Andrew R. Powell.
      Voss and
      Powell also act as producers on the highly anticipated film, which
      delivers
      new insights into the volatile psyche of bandleader Jeffrey Lee
      Pierce, who
      died at age 37 after a life of self-abuse which was, by turns, both
      riotous
      and tragic.Still criminally undervalued, the Gun Club were the first
      group
      to fuse punk and blues, thus paving the way for more high profile
      contemporary acts like The White Stripes.The release of "Ghost on the
      Highway" marks the ten year anniversary of Jeffrey Lee Pierce's death

      plus this film was initially based on the article I wrote, or at
      least it was one major input I was told. Probably grew away from
      that though. I don't know, hope I got some form of acknowledgment.
      Stevo
      Np Liars Cabaret 22/6/2006 track11 (very good set, just hearing it
      for 1st time)