      From: fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Wilson, Carl
      Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 8:08 PM
      To: fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [fearnwhiskey] Re: Clip: Post-Pazz & Jop

      I started agitating for a boycott of P&J after Christgau was fired and
      calling for someone to step up to replace it. Pitchfork, who were kind
      of the obvious place, declined to do so (and I was just as happy about
      that), as have a few other potential alternative venues. My ideal
      website to do it would have been the new paperthinwalls.com, where
      several of the ex-Voice people and other recently redundancied critics
      have shown up, but they didn't raise their hand.

      I'm so-so on the Idolator site, but what makes its poll credible is that
      it's being run by Michaelangelo Matos, the former Seattle Weekly and
      emusic.com music editor, who's established himself very well as a smart,
      dedicated, caring member of the critical community over the past decade.
      (His 33 1/3 volume on Prince's Sign of the Times is one of my faves in
      the series.)

      If Idolator were doing it on its own, I'd be wary, but with Matos in
      charge, I'm happily in.

      carl w

      Carl Wilson
      The Globe & Mail, Toronto