11128RE: [fearnwhiskey] Clip: Jazz masters Coltrane and Monk come alive in new release of 'lost' recording from 1957

  • Jason Baldwin
    Oct 7, 2005
      > I hope you weren't badly injured!

      Well, he did say "nearly jumped." <g>

      I bought it mostly for Coltrane -- my jazz collection consists of little
      besides 'Trane: BLUE TRAIN, THE LAST GIANT, THE COMPLETE VILLAGE VANGUARD
      RECORDINGS, BALLADS, THE CLASSIC QUARTET, DUKE ELLINGTON & JOHN COLTRANE --
      though I've KIND OF BLUE, SKETCHES OF SPAIN, THE COMPLETE BITCHES BREW
      SESSIONS, and MINGUS AT ANTIBES, and a handful of other "classics" I haven't
      dumped into iTunes yet. I've always preferred listening to Coltrane to
      almost everyone else, but this "new" recording is making me want to go buy
      as much Monk as I can find. Any suggestions where to start?

      -Jason
      np: Jay-Z, "99 Problems"
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic