10357Re: Clip: Pitchfork

  • Jason Gross - Perfect Sound Forever
    Mar 8, 2005
      > Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 07:45:31 -0500
      > From: Carl Zimring <cz28@...>
      >Good profile of Pitchfork, but I'm a little mystified that Pierson did not
      >mention its precursor Addicted to Noise, which established the format for
      >online music news that Pitchfork more or less uses. Neumu, Michael
      >Goldberg's post-AtN site, still does long features on the kinds of artists
      >AtN used to feature, but the news is far less regular than either AtN or

      Phillip Sherburne used to a great column for them. Goldberg was definitely
      ahead of his time. At the time, ATN was THE online music site- always had
      a lot of great, interesting material, features and interviews. Neumu is a
      fine publication but it's... I don't know, a bit more muted.

      PopMatters is a great online music pub that deserves a lot more
      recognition. I don't always agree with them but they always have a lot of
      thought-provoking features: <http://www.popmatters.com/>

      Perfect Sound Forever
      online music magazine since 1993- now new and semi-improved!