Re: [fdrtools] From Sebastian #2

  • Andreas Schoemann
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 6, 2012
      Hello Sebastian,

      please try out FDRTools with small images first, say 1000x1000 pixels.

      This is why:

      - tonemapping big images with the Compressor algorithm is REALLY memory intensive. Your machine should be equipped with lots of RAM if you want to work with bigger images. 4GB are good, 8GB are much better. With only 1GB or 2GB you will soon come into a situation where processing virtually stops and you get the impression that nothing happens any more. This happens when there is not enough RAM available and the operating system starts to "swap" data between RAM and hard disk.

      - the Compressor algorithm is REALLY processing intensive also. Your machine should have a fast double core processor, better quad core.

      As an example: my machine is equipped with a quad core CPU and 8GB RAM. This allows reasonable processing times, even with bigger images. It is not real time processing though.

      I hope these explantion help solving your problems?

      Regards,
      Andreas Schömann