Updated Simple Simon Statistics

    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2009
      Today I ran a statistical analysis (under the trunk under scripts) on a dump
      produced by collecting the last three lines of the first 5,000 Simple Simon
      boards. This is as an update to this message:

      Here are the results:

      {{{{{{{{{{{{
      solved
      --------------

      Count: 3702
      Mean: 1409.41518098325
      StdDev: 28580.8768108157
      Median: 63
      Min: 45
      Max: 1065635
      Up to 100: 2787 (75.28%)
      Up to 1000: 785 (21.20%)
      Up to 10000: 105 (2.84%)
      Up to 100000: 17 (0.46%)
      Up to 1000000: 7 (0.19%)
      Up to 1500000: 1 (0.03%)

      unsolvable
      --------------

      Count: 1295
      Mean: 525.017760617761
      StdDev: 9745.01096898405
      Median: 8
      Min: 1
      Max: 325545
      Up to 100: 1159 (89.50%)
      Up to 1000: 107 (8.26%)
      Up to 10000: 24 (1.85%)
      Up to 100000: 4 (0.31%)
      Up to 1000000: 1 (0.08%)
      Up to 1500000: 0 (0.00%)

      Stuck:
      --------------
      725:,2706:,3665:

      This is with the most up-to-date FCS with more bug-fixes. The solvable
      solutions were verified with Games-Solitaire-Verify (see my previous message)
      and were found to be correct by it. As it seems there's a larger percentage of
      unsolvable games, but the medians and distribution of both the solvable and
      unsolvable games are very similar.

      Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
      Understand what Open Source is - http://xrl.us/bjn82

      read.