Freecell Solver 2.18.0 was Released

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2009
      Hi all!

      Freecell Solver 2.18.0 was released and is now available in source form from
      the download page:

      http://fc-solve.berlios.de/download.html

      Reading from the NEWS:

      {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{
      Version 2.18.0 (19-Mar-2009)
      ----------------------------

      1. Added the FCS_FREECELL_ONLY compile-time flag to hard-code the settings
      for Freecell and thus allow faster run-time. On a Pentium 4-2.4GHz machine
      running Mandriva Linux Cooker, this allows to solve the Microsoft 32,000 in
      194.56353 seconds ( 164 deals / second ) instead of
      228.84 seconds for the generic version ( 140 deals / second ).

      2. Fixed using libredblack ( http://libredblack.sourceforge.net/ ) for states
      and stacks storage. (Compile-time options)

      3. Added an option to use libJudy ( http://judy.sourceforge.net/ ) for states
      and stacks storage. Yields better performance than libredblack, but worse
      than the internal hash.

      4. Added the -Wall by default for gcc in CMake.

      5. Added the boards target to generate 24.board and 1941.board.

      6. Updated the TODO file.

      7. Added previous NEWS items for previous versions (in this file).

      8. Now documenting the --version flag in USAGE.

      9. Added an experimental ./configure convenience script (written in
      Perl) to run CMake using some configuration options. NOTE: Please don't
      use it to build packages.

      10. Added "scripts/time-fcs.pl" to help time a
      freecell-solver-range-parallel-solve dump.

      11. Got rid of the hard_dfs() scan. It is still accepted as an argument, but
      is now using the soft_dfs() routines instead.

      12. Many internal refactorings, cleanups tweaks and fine-tunings.

      13. Moved away change_ver.sh to scripts/old/change_ver.sh - it does not
      seem to be used any longer.

      I am going to update the front page as well, but for that I'd have to
      integrate the blog into the news feed. Then I'll announce it on Freshmeat.net.

      Those things will have to wait, however, because I have accepted a commission
      to write an article and need to get to it.

      Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
      What Makes Software Apps High Quality - http://xrl.us/bkeuk

      read.