Kpat's CVS HEAD Version Now Uses the Latest Freecell Solver

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2002
      The kpat in the KDE CVS HEAD now includes the code of Freecell Solver
      2.8.x (slightly modified to compile and run well). I hard-coded the
      "good-intentions" preset there, and converted the code to user instance
      recycling, so the command line options won't be parsed time and again.

      Other than that, I also made kpat be able to deal all the first 2G
      Freecell Pro deals, instead of its internal limit to 32,000.

      I now see that kpat has an kpatrc file, which I can use to save some
      configuration parameters. I think it would be a good idea to store an
      internal states limit, instead of keeping it hard-coded to 120,000. It
      might also be a good idea to be able to specify a command line preset.

      These enhancements won't make it to KDE 3.1 (which is in a feature freeze
      now), but they should in KDE 3.2 or KDE 3.1.1 - I'm not very familiar with
      the KDE strategy for this.

      Shlomi Fish shlomif@...

    • Stephan Kulow
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2003
        On Montag, 30. Dezember 2002 20:24, Shlomi Fish wrote:
        > The kpat in the KDE CVS HEAD now includes the code of Freecell Solver
        > 2.8.x (slightly modified to compile and run well). I hard-coded the
        > "good-intentions" preset there, and converted the code to user instance
        > recycling, so the command line options won't be parsed time and again.
        >
        > Other than that, I also made kpat be able to deal all the first 2G
        > Freecell Pro deals, instead of its internal limit to 32,000.
        >
        > I now see that kpat has an kpatrc file, which I can use to save some
        > configuration parameters. I think it would be a good idea to store an
        > internal states limit, instead of keeping it hard-coded to 120,000. It
        > might also be a good idea to be able to specify a command line preset.
        >
        > These enhancements won't make it to KDE 3.1 (which is in a feature freeze
        > now), but they should in KDE 3.2 or KDE 3.1.1 - I'm not very familiar with
        > the KDE strategy for this.

        3.1.1 is bugfix only, but it will make it into 3.2

        Greetings, Stephan