Re-factoring the FCS' Scans Code

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2001
      I have an idea for a re-factoring of the FCS' Scans Code. At the moment
      the logic of the scans is split between the sfs_check_state_(end|begin)
      macros, which are used inside every test function, the check_and_add_state
      function and the scan's proprietary scan function. Moreover, all of those
      parts are aware of the type of the scan used.

      My idea is to have every test function generate a list of the states that
      it can reach and return it to the scan function as a vector.
      The scan function will decide what to do with these states. Then:

      1. If Soft-DFS : It will put this list in its appropriate depth and use it
      to softly recurse into each state individually.
      2. If DFS : It will call itself on each of the states. (assuming it was
      not visited before of-course)
      3. If A* or BFS or Optimization-BFS : It will enqueue all the states (or
      in case of Optimization BFS all the relevant states) into the queue or
      PQ, and proceed to do so with the other tests.

      This will simplify the code and also allow for an easier implementation of
      further scans.

      Let me know what you think.

      Shlomi Fish shlomif@...
      Home E-mail: shlomif@...