Updated Simple Simon Statistics (With the "Sequence to False Parent" Move)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2009
      Today I did some extra work on Freecell Solver. I'll report on "What's new on
      the trunk" in a separate message, but just note that I've restored the
      "sequences to false parent" Simple Simon move. It's not enabled by default and
      needs to be enabled by using "-to abcdefghi" (the default test order for
      Simple Simon is "-to abcdefgh").

      After solving some bugs in my set-up, I reran the range analyser, and measured
      the number of solvable/unsolvable games and the iteration numbers it took
      Freecell Solver to report a verdict for them. Here are the final statistics:

      {{{{{{{{{{{{{

      solved
      --------------

      Count: 4533
      Mean: 2692.03132583278
      StdDev: 52642.0802567286
      Median: 71
      Min: 45
      Max: 2261100
      Up to 100: 2994 (66.05%)
      Up to 1000: 1237 (27.29%)
      Up to 10000: 242 (5.34%)
      Up to 100000: 43 (0.95%)
      Up to 1000000: 14 (0.31%)
      Up to 1500000: 1 (0.02%)

      unsolvable
      --------------

      Count: 467
      Mean: 34613.4561027837
      StdDev: 240842.995203836
      Median: 66
      Min: 3
      Max: 3167907
      Up to 100: 264 (56.53%)
      Up to 1000: 126 (26.98%)
      Up to 10000: 51 (10.92%)
      Up to 100000: 11 (2.36%)
      Up to 1000000: 7 (1.50%)
      Up to 1500000: 0 (0.00%)

      Stuck:

      Which is the previous Simple Simon statistics.

      Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
      Optimizing Code for Speed - http://xrl.us/begfgk

      read.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2009
        On Friday 10 July 2009 00:04:26 Shlomi Fish wrote:
        > Today I did some extra work on Freecell Solver. I'll report on "What's new
        > on the trunk" in a separate message, but just note that I've restored the
        > "sequences to false parent" Simple Simon move. It's not enabled by default
        > and needs to be enabled by using "-to abcdefghi" (the default test order
        > for Simple Simon is "-to abcdefgh").
        >
        > After solving some bugs in my set-up, I reran the range analyser, and
        > measured the number of solvable/unsolvable games and the iteration numbers
        > it took Freecell Solver to report a verdict for them. Here are the final
        > statistics:

        Hi all!

        Replying to myself I'd like to say that I forgot to note that I didn't verify
        all the "solved" solutions using Games-Solitaire-Verify yet. I plan to,
        though, and will report the results here.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2009
          On Friday 10 July 2009 00:04:26 Shlomi Fish wrote:
          > Today I did some extra work on Freecell Solver. I'll report on "What's new
          > on the trunk" in a separate message, but just note that I've restored the
          > "sequences to false parent" Simple Simon move. It's not enabled by default
          > and needs to be enabled by using "-to abcdefghi" (the default test order
          > for Simple Simon is "-to abcdefgh").
          >
          > After solving some bugs in my set-up, I reran the range analyser, and
          > measured the number of solvable/unsolvable games and the iteration numbers
          > it took Freecell Solver to report a verdict for them. Here are the final
          > statistics:

          I've now ran all the solutions through Games-Solitaire-Verify and it didn't
          report any invalid move. So I guess the solutions are all valid.

          > {{{{{{{{{{{{{
          >
          > solved
          > --------------
          >
          > Count: 4533
          > Mean: 2692.03132583278
          > StdDev: 52642.0802567286
          > Median: 71
          > Min: 45
          > Max: 2261100
          > Up to 100: 2994 (66.05%)
          > Up to 1000: 1237 (27.29%)
          > Up to 10000: 242 (5.34%)
          > Up to 100000: 43 (0.95%)
          > Up to 1000000: 14 (0.31%)
          > Up to 1500000: 1 (0.02%)
          >

          > unsolvable
          > --------------
          >
          > Count: 467
          > Mean: 34613.4561027837
          > StdDev: 240842.995203836
          > Median: 66
          > Min: 3
          > Max: 3167907
          > Up to 100: 264 (56.53%)
          > Up to 1000: 126 (26.98%)
          > Up to 10000: 51 (10.92%)
          > Up to 100000: 11 (2.36%)
          > Up to 1000000: 7 (1.50%)
          > Up to 1500000: 0 (0.00%)
          >

          > Stuck:
          >
          > Which is the previous Simple Simon statistics.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Shlomi Fish

          Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
          Interview with Ben Collins-Sussman - http://xrl.us/bjn8s