hey where did everybody go?

  • Lauren
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 16, 2004
      Hi just wanted to check in. noones posted in a while. well im
      patiantly awaiting fates new tunes coming out! stay cool...Lauren
    • Edwin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2004
        Hi, Lauren. I'm still here. You know this Group was never really
        active anyway...Soooo, I'm waiting for the new Fates CD myself. Hope
        it's as good as "Disconnected". I heard that they wanted Steve Wilson
        from Porcupine Tree to produce it and he turned them down because the
        demos that they showed him weren't very good. Speaking of that, you
        know who would be a great producer for Fates? Devin Townsend. Anyone
        know who he is? He's produced alot of bands and I think he'd be
        perfect for them, especially for Ray.
        I know this is a dead issue, but I wish Ray would consider doing
        another Engine album. I think he was really onto something there.
        Problem is, alot of other groups beat him to the punch because now
        you hear Nu-Metal with melodic vocals everywhere on the Radio...
        One more thing. Who's the guy again with the CD called "Inferno"
        that posts on here all the time? For all I know, he could be the
        moderator. Anyway,whoever you are,I like your music.

        --- In fateswarning@yahoogroups.com, "Lauren" <metalchik1970@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi just wanted to check in. noones posted in a while. well im
        > patiantly awaiting fates new tunes coming out! stay cool...Lauren
      • Michael Detzel
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 16, 2004
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 16, 2004
            "Inferno" is by Scott Mosher. The moderator, however, is Mike Kizer (a.k.a.
            Fugazi). Hey Mike! :)

            There are only 102 members in this group, and only a fraction of them ever
            posted on a regular basis when the list was busy. There hasn't been much
            going on with Fates lately, unfortunately, so there's not much to discuss.
            You know, though, it was through this list that I discovered Symphony X and
            ProgPower! Nothing says we just have to discuss things strictly related to
            Fates. I personally can't wait for August 3, when Threshold's "Subsurface"
            is released (two days before my birthday--Happy Birthday to me! ;)

            I also wish we'd hear more Engine. Even though there are other bands with a
            similar style, I still think Engine had a unique sound (largely due to
            Ray's incredible vocals). As far as HevyDevy goes, his music is not my cup
            of tea, but he is a very talented individual. I am not familiar with his
            producing credits, though--what bands has he worked with?

            Lorraine

            At 09:57 AM 7/16/2004, you wrote:
            > Hi, Lauren. I'm still here. You know this Group was never really
            >active anyway...Soooo, I'm waiting for the new Fates CD myself. Hope
            >it's as good as "Disconnected". I heard that they wanted Steve Wilson
            >from Porcupine Tree to produce it and he turned them down because the
            >demos that they showed him weren't very good. Speaking of that, you
            >know who would be a great producer for Fates? Devin Townsend. Anyone
            >know who he is? He's produced alot of bands and I think he'd be
            >perfect for them, especially for Ray.
            > I know this is a dead issue, but I wish Ray would consider doing
            >another Engine album. I think he was really onto something there.
            >Problem is, alot of other groups beat him to the punch because now
            >you hear Nu-Metal with melodic vocals everywhere on the Radio...
            > One more thing. Who's the guy again with the CD called "Inferno"
            >that posts on here all the time? For all I know, he could be the
            >moderator. Anyway,whoever you are,I like your music.
            >

            >--- In fateswarning@yahoogroups.com, "Lauren" <metalchik1970@y...>
            >wrote:
            > > Hi just wanted to check in. noones posted in a while. well im
            > > patiantly awaiting fates new tunes coming out! stay cool...Lauren
            >

            >To unsubscribe or change your settings for this list,
            >Goto:
            >
            >Fates Warning "Island In The Stream" ~
            ><http://www.fateswarning.info>http://www.fateswarning.info
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            ><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129qpgqb2/M=273541.4247512.5496808.2248467/D=grplch/S=1705031522:HM/EXP=1090076262/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n1/*http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>
            >9dad713.jpg
            >
            >9dad804.jpg

            > *
            > <mailto:fateswarning-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>fateswarning-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > *

          • Scott Lamirande
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 16, 2004
              Taking this a little off topic.

              Just wondering if anyone is going to check out
              Ozzfest?

              OK I know I am really not interested in much of those
              second stage bands and personally I am getting too
              damn old for those all day concerts.
              How ever I find the line up quite good this year.
              First reason I would go.
              Judas Priest - The original lineup.
              Since I never Priest live with Rob I think this is
              probably the last chance to check them out (but how
              many people thought the same of KISS?)
              Anyhow I love the old JP stuff.
              Unleashed in the East is probably the first HM album I
              was turned on to beside's Sabbath.
              Me being an old school metalhead would love to hear
              The Ripper, Victim of Changes, and the Green
              Manalishi.

              Sabbath - enough said
              Slayer, Black Label Society, and others such as Lacuna
              Coil.

            • Edwin
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 16, 2004
                Two good bands on the Ozzfest tour...otep and Lacuna Coil.Yes.

                --- In fateswarning@yahoogroups.com, Scott Lamirande <slamiran@y...>