Re: Star Wars - who wrote the original storyline?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2005
      As i recall, the book on the first movie was actually written by
      Lucas, so he wrote the screenplay and the novelization attached to
      it. However, the Empire strikes back was written by Donald Glut, i
      believe, with Return of the Jedi being written by James Kahn. I have
      all of these. So i guess they would be more along the lines of Terry
      Brooks' version of Phantom Menace, Salvatores Attack of the Clones
      novelization and now Matthew Wooding Stovers version of Revenge of
      the Sith.

      Funny thing is, a long time ago, Alan Dean Foster wrote Splinter of
      the Mind's Eye, which was a standalone Star Wars Novel that took
      place after Episode IV. Very good book, as far as Star Warsy feel,
      and was the only other star wars universe material out there, beyond
      the horrible comic book series, at the time it was written. I would
      recommend it more than the novelizations.

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Yvette"