Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Re: Flash Fiction, here's mine:

  • Carmen
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2004
      lol, i'm reading a book with tons of battles in it. that was really awesome.

      Matt <gauvaine@...> wrote:
      I think i've been reading way too much David Gemmell lately. lol.

      Matt

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, caersmane
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > I like it! I always like battle scenes. and great axes.
      >
      > ::::their swords glittering in the warm sunshine like
      > > arcs of pale lightning.:::::
      >
      > What a great line! so descriptive. oh good one, matt, well done.
      >
      > caers
      >
      > -- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <gauvaine@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > A broken helm. A shattered sword. Armor rent in a score of
      places.
      > > And still Roldan fought on. Around him, bloodied and broken
      bodies
      > > lay like
      > > cordwood, stacked three deep as the curlews picked at their
      flesh.
      > > Some of the bodies yet moaned with their warm blood pooling on
      the
      > > cold ground.
      > >
      > > The Northmen were wary of him now, his great axe striking fear
      into
      > > their withered hearts. Yes, he bled. Yes, he tired. But he was a
      > > demon of fire and steel to them now. Roldan's company was able to
      > > hold firm, the banner of the Hawk and the Lion flapping in the
      grim
      > > breeze that moaned across the battlefield.
      > >
      > > "To me, Immortals!" he bellowed. "Courage and Honor!" His men
      > > rallied around him, their swords glittering in the warm sunshine
      > like
      > > arcs of pale lightning.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      May the forest be with you.

    • Mouse
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2004
        Matt, I really like this one. And thank you for your comments on
        mine.