Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Flash Fiction, here's mine:

  • Carmen
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2004
      awesome. thats really good

      Matt <gauvaine@...> wrote:
      A broken helm. A shattered sword. Armor rent in a score of places.
      And still Roldan fought on. Around him, bloodied and broken bodies
      lay like
      cordwood, stacked three deep as the curlews picked at their flesh.
      Some of the bodies yet moaned with their warm blood pooling on the
      cold ground.

      The Northmen were wary of him now, his great axe striking fear into
      their withered hearts. Yes, he bled. Yes, he tired. But he was a
      demon of fire and steel to them now. Roldan's company was able to
      hold firm, the banner of the Hawk and the Lion flapping in the grim
      breeze that moaned across the battlefield.

      "To me, Immortals!" he bellowed. "Courage and Honor!" His men
      rallied around him, their swords glittering in the warm sunshine like
      arcs of pale lightning.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      May the forest be with you.

    • Carmen
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 16, 2004
        lol, i'm reading a book with tons of battles in it. that was really awesome.

        Matt <gauvaine@...> wrote:
        I think i've been reading way too much David Gemmell lately. lol.

        Matt

        --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, caersmane
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > I like it! I always like battle scenes. and great axes.
        >
        > ::::their swords glittering in the warm sunshine like
        > > arcs of pale lightning.:::::
        >
        > What a great line! so descriptive. oh good one, matt, well done.
        >
        > caers
        >
        > -- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <gauvaine@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > A broken helm. A shattered sword. Armor rent in a score of
        places.
        > > And still Roldan fought on. Around him, bloodied and broken
        bodies
        > > lay like
        > > cordwood, stacked three deep as the curlews picked at their
        flesh.
        > > Some of the bodies yet moaned with their warm blood pooling on
        the
        > > cold ground.
        > >
        > > The Northmen were wary of him now, his great axe striking fear
        into
        > > their withered hearts. Yes, he bled. Yes, he tired. But he was a
        > > demon of fire and steel to them now. Roldan's company was able to
        > > hold firm, the banner of the Hawk and the Lion flapping in the
        grim
        > > breeze that moaned across the battlefield.
        > >
        > > "To me, Immortals!" he bellowed. "Courage and Honor!" His men
        > > rallied around him, their swords glittering in the warm sunshine
        > like
        > > arcs of pale lightning.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        May the forest be with you.

      • Mouse
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2004
          Matt, I really like this one. And thank you for your comments on
          mine.