Flash Fiction: Broken

  • caersmane
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
      ::Note: Guh. Just a warning that this sucks, in my opinion, but I'm
      posting it anyway. I'm going to do another one this weekend (if
      thats okay?) and see if that is any better. Still, it's got me up
      and going. Haven't written anything in months...::

      Crap. I'm thinking they should all just SHUT UP and let me do this!
      Isn't it bad enough that I've got sparks spitting out at me and fires
      erupting out of consoles? No, those losers on the deck have to keep
      yelling in my damned ears.
      Fix it, Corrin, fix it!
      Well guess what? I can't! Nothing I do here, or down in
      engineering, or anywhere else on this ship is going to work. They
      don't know that and I'm not going to tell them. We're all going to
      die in about ten seconds when that other ship bears down and explodes
      us with every single missile it has because we've terrorised this
      sector of space for long enough. But hey, let 'em die with hope
      right?
      It doesn't matter too much.
      These wires are so out of date that I have no idea how long we've
      managed to hold this piece of junk together so far and... wait.
      "GO! Go go go! I fixed the bloody thing!"
      And it doesn't look like we're dying today but I swear we are
      updating this system THE MOMENT we hit civilised space.
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2004
        just once i wished Scotty would have said that on STAR TREK.

        --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, caersmane

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2004
          bahahahhahahahahha! actually i was watching andromeda at the time
          and feeling sorry for harper, but it could apply to any engineer on
          any ship on any show.
          poor scotty, i always felt so bad for him, harangued by everyone when
          anything went wrong! funny, i never had quite that sympathy fo
          laforge on TNG; he always seemed more capable and hey, he had data
          onhand anyway. scotty had... no one.
          alas!

          caers

          --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <gauvaine@y...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 8, 2004

            wrote:

            > just once i wished Scotty would have said that on STAR TREK.
          • Carmen
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 8, 2004
              scotty has to like, fix everything, poor guy. lol
              --- caersmane <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              > bahahahhahahahahha! actually i was watching
              > andromeda at the time
              > and feeling sorry for harper, but it could apply to
              > any engineer on
              > any ship on any show.
              > poor scotty, i always felt so bad for him, harangued
              > by everyone when
              > anything went wrong! funny, i never had quite that
              > sympathy fo
              > laforge on TNG; he always seemed more capable and
              > hey, he had data
              > onhand anyway. scotty had... no one.
              > alas!
              >
              > caers
              >

              > --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt"
              > <gauvaine@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > just once i wished Scotty would have said that on
              > STAR TREK.

              =====
              May the forest be with you.

              http://vote.yahoo.com