Re: Great site about if LotR was written by someone else.

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jpesk@y...>
      wrote:
      > http://www.teemings.com/extras/lotr/index.html
      >
      > My personal favorite is the Mack Bolan version.

      I also like the SysAdmin version.
    • Jeff C.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
        My bad on this one.... it isn't on this site... so
        here it is...

        Management: The Ring MUST be destroyed.

        Sysadmin: How do you want me to destroy the Ring?

        Management: It must be dropped into the fires whence
        it was forged. Can you do it?

        Sysadmin: Yes, but...

        Management: Spare me the details, talk to the Project
        Officer.

        Project Officer (unfolding plan): The Ring is
        currently in the possession of the Ringbearer, in The
        Shire, here. We need it dropped in Orodruin, here.

        Sysadmin (glances at plan): That's easy, give me the
        Eagle King, I'll have him pick up the Ringbearer in
        the Shire, fly across Middle Earth, and drop Frodo
        straight into the fires of Mount Doom.

        Project Officer: You can't do that!

        Sysadmin: But it's the most elegant solution with the
        least overhead and minimal downtime.

        Project Officer: Well, Marketing feel it would be a
        better epic struggle of Good vs. Evil if you did it as
        some sort of land-based quest.

        Sysadmin (rolls eyes, thinks for a moment): OK then,
        give me an army of dwarves, they'll tunnel under Mount
        Doom, diverting its lava flow right up to the mines of
        Moria. Then Frodo can have an Elvish escort to the
        Misty Mountains, meet the lava half way, and drop the
        Ring in.

        Project Officer: Mmmm, no. Budget won't allow such an
        extravagant solution. We're not made of money you
        know.

        Sysadmin (thinks for a longer moment): OK, I can do it
        with just an army of Elves, but it'll be a close call.

        Project Officer: Sorry, but that's out of the
        question. HR need us to represent all the races of
        Middle-Earth in the solution or it will conflict with
        our Equal Employment policy.

        Sysadmin (thinks for a l-o-n-g, sullen, moment):
        RIGHT! Give me a dwarf, an elf, a wizard, two men and
        four hobbits. But first I'll have to re-route the
        Fellowship via the mines of Moria, as there's too much
        traffic in the gap of Rohan. Also, the firewall at
        Mordor means we'll need a consultant to hack another
        way in - and he'll probably turn out to be flaky. And
        it'll take until half way through the Fourth Age to do
        it.

        Project Officer: That's too long! It has to be done by
        the end of the Third Age!

        Sysadmin (smoke pouring out of ears): WHAT! OK, but
        we'll have to do it on practically no sleep, run
        hundreds of leagues barefoot without rest, eating
        nothing but lembas to keep awake. By the time the
        Fellowship get anywhere near Mordor, Sauron's army
        will have hacked into Gondor, and most of Fangorn will
        have crashed to the ground. And there'll be a massive
        bottlenecks at Helm's Deep because there's not enough
        resources to handle the increased load. You can also
        expect the Shire to be scoured but then that's
        probably outside your terms of reference.

        Project Officer: But can it be done?

        Sysadmin: Yes, but...

        Project Officer: Right then! Excellent! You could have
        just told me that at the start instead of being so
        difficult about it...
        --- Jeff <jpesk@...> wrote:

        > --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff"
        > <jpesk@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > http://www.teemings.com/extras/lotr/index.html
        > >
        > > My personal favorite is the Mack Bolan version.
        >
        > I also like the SysAdmin version.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
      • Swamp Faye
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
          I personally found the Bible LOTR very entertaining.

          NOelle

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/KE2qlB/TM

          http://messenger.yahoo.com