Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Political Poser

  • Jeff C.
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2004

      > Well, yeah, you can say whatever you want, but no
      > amendment guarentees an audience. �

      Sometimes people forget that. Look what happened to
      the Dixie Chicks after the little fat one (I have to
      credit Larry the Cable Guy for that) opened her mouth.
      She more or less killed her career. She has every
      right to speak, but she will suffer the consequences
      for it.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • admin
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2004
        >Sometimes people forget that. Look what happened to
        >the Dixie Chicks after the little fat one (I have to
        >credit Larry the Cable Guy for that) opened her mouth.
        > She more or less killed her career. She has every
        >right to speak, but she will suffer the consequences
        >for it.

        Well, a lot of that was media hoopla designed to have that effect. Regardless of how liberal or conservative the reporters are, the media outlets are owned by corporations, most of which are not friendly, if not downright hostile, to the democrats and anyone who speaks out against Bush. There are many who felt that way, she was just the first and unfairly villified.

        Marc Vun Kannon

        http://www.marcvunkannon.com
        http://www.echelonpress.com

        Unbinding the Stone--making lemonade from fantasy lemons!
        'Chasing His Own Tale'--Don't mess with the Damsel in Distress!

      • trevinwolfe
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 14, 2004
          --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff C." <jpesk@y...>
          wrote:

          > > Well, yeah, you can say whatever you want, but no
          > > amendment guarentees an audience.
          > >

          > Sometimes people forget that. Look what happened to
          > the Dixie Chicks after the little fat one (I have to
          > credit Larry the Cable Guy for that) opened her mouth.
          > She more or less killed her career. She has every
          > right to speak, but she will suffer the consequences
          > for it.

          Yeah, she opened her mouth and got The Dixie Chicks mentioned by
          everyone in the country, numerous magazine covers and soaring album
          sales. She's suffering the consequences all the way to the bank.
        • Jeff C.
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 14, 2004
            Actually they ended up cancelling a lot of dates on
            their last tour, their last album didn't do very well
            and they don't get played on most country stations any
            longer. Their career is just peachy.