Spam Book

  • MystklDrgn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2004
      >>Well, i think it's spam, so i don't think it's going to be read.

      <<

      yea, I do to.

      I Mean, he said if we want to leave feedback we have to go to his website. To me, that implies he joined soley to post this, and he isn't even going to read any responses HERE.

      If I was posting a section of a book I wanted feedback on, I'd at least take comments on the boards I was posting on. I wouldn't ask readers to go FIND the website, and go leave comments THERE.

      Which, results in me not reading it to begin with. If he only took the time to spam, and wants me to go somewhere else to leave a comment - I certainly won't be taking time to read it.

      Mystkldrgn

      p.s. Matt - I think he was talking about wanting a professional editor to "edit" the text, as in typos or something. I don't think (at least I hope) he didn't mean to change what he had written entirely =), and "make it good" or whatever.
    • alexianx
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2004
        Perhaps, before jumping into a subject and commenting on something
        that can be naught but controversial, you should further educate
        yourself on the matter? As for joining for that purpose solely, I
        did not. On the other hand, if you're the type of person commonly
        found in this group, I see no point in staying. I joined under the
        impression that this group was for avid readers, not for people who
        want to take something posted apart word for word, add falsified
        comments to it, and then post something merely to cause an argument.
        As for what I'm posting now, I'm posting it as a response to your
        commentary. This is to defend myself, not to cause an argument, so
        please don't take it to the point that it becomes a conflict that
        would encompass the group and involve others. In the future, attempt
        to be more congenial, it'll net you ALOT more friends.

        Note: As for you saying something about not wanting to answer
        questions on this board, that was completely false. But, perhaps,
        you should consider something to counter that? Why would there be a
        point in NOT giving them a website that could answer most (if not
        all) of their questions immediately? The alternate would be for them
        to post it here and have to wait hours, if not days, for me to post
        a response.

        James Neal
        http://www.alexiansaga.com

        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2004
          Well, there's always the exception to the rule and maybe this is one
          of those times. I don't know. But, after 4 years, we've had alot of
          join, post, and go for POD's, ebooks, indie publishers that use POD
          technology, vanity presses and subsidy publishers. You have to
          recoup your investment. Even with a POD, there's still an initial
          fee. Every POD book posted on here has been so badly written, ill-
          conceived and just plain . . . bad, that i've given up on that
          particular area of technology having any use. 5 year ago, it was
          going to change the world. Now, it's a collection bin of
          unpublishable material by enthused dreamers and people wanting to
          publish cook books, technical manuals, family histories, etc. So, i
          don't know. It has its uses. And i applaud people who at least try.
          But i remember all the websites i've been directed to, to check
          out "my book" that costs $24.95 for a trade paperpack with a bad
          digital cover and bad editing, not to mention the writing contained
          therein.

          Bitter, but maybe hopeful, 10 years, from now, the system will have
          some merit.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2004
            And yes, there's an it's instead of an its in there, but i don't
            care. After graduating in December, i be purposefully bad grammer
            ass a protesteth.

            --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <gauvaine@y...>