Re: Kinda OT - for the D&D players...

  • notallwhowander
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
      Well that went over like a screen door on a submarine.

      Sorry if I put off anyone with that last post & link. Being a devout
      Christian and an avid fantasy enthusiast/long time D&D player I
      found it very very funny. I especially appreciated how the authors
      tried to touch on the reality of all parties represented in the
      tract. I find the Chick stuff at best campy and embarassing, at
      worst I imagine what harm such knee-jerk stereotyping can do. Again
      I apologize for any off-putting I might have done. I'll try and show
      more decorum next time around.

      -notall'

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, notallwhowander
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Take a group of typical gamers (watching MST3K), throw in a
      whacked-
      > out religious tract, mix in a liberal amount of HTML and you get...
      >
      > http://www.planetadnd.com/humor/DD-MST3K/?file=dd-mst3k.php
      >
      > (This was sent to me by the high school pastor at my church, BTW.)
      >
      > -notall'
    • Jeff C.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
        notall',
        I wasn't put out by the post. I had just seen it
        before. I agree that it was pretty well done, and
        makes that old tract more readable.

        So what is everyone reading these days? I am back
        to my boring non-fiction kick (according to my wife)
        and reading Eve of Destruction the Yom Kippur War,
        Hacker's Challenge, a CISSP prep book, and in a break
        from that Da Vinci Code.

        Jeff

        --- notallwhowander <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > Well that went over like a screen door on a
        > submarine.
        >
        > Sorry if I put off anyone with that last post &
        > link. Being a devout
        > Christian and an avid fantasy enthusiast/long time
        > D&D player I
        > found it very very funny. I especially appreciated
        > how the authors
        > tried to touch on the reality of all parties
        > represented in the
        > tract. I find the Chick stuff at best campy and
        > embarassing, at
        > worst I imagine what harm such knee-jerk
        > stereotyping can do. Again
        > I apologize for any off-putting I might have done.
        > I'll try and show
        > more decorum next time around.
        >
        > -notall'
        >

        > --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com,
        > notallwhowander
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > Take a group of typical gamers (watching MST3K),
        > throw in a
        > whacked-
        > > out religious tract, mix in a liberal amount of
        > HTML and you get...

        http://www.planetadnd.com/humor/DD-MST3K/?file=dd-mst3k.php

        > > (This was sent to me by the high school pastor at
        > my church, BTW.)
        > >
        > > -notall'

      • avery61
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
          Don't get too PC on us. I for one thought it was hilarious. It was
          campy but certainly entertaining.