Kinda OT - for the D&D players...

  • notallwhowander
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2004
      Take a group of typical gamers (watching MST3K), throw in a whacked-
      out religious tract, mix in a liberal amount of HTML and you get...

      http://www.planetadnd.com/humor/DD-MST3K/?file=dd-mst3k.php

      (This was sent to me by the high school pastor at my church, BTW.)

      -notall'
    • notallwhowander
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
        Well that went over like a screen door on a submarine.

        Sorry if I put off anyone with that last post & link. Being a devout
        Christian and an avid fantasy enthusiast/long time D&D player I
        found it very very funny. I especially appreciated how the authors
        tried to touch on the reality of all parties represented in the
        tract. I find the Chick stuff at best campy and embarassing, at
        worst I imagine what harm such knee-jerk stereotyping can do. Again
        I apologize for any off-putting I might have done. I'll try and show
        more decorum next time around.

        -notall'

        --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, notallwhowander
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Take a group of typical gamers (watching MST3K), throw in a
        whacked-
        > out religious tract, mix in a liberal amount of HTML and you get...
        >
        > http://www.planetadnd.com/humor/DD-MST3K/?file=dd-mst3k.php
        >
        > (This was sent to me by the high school pastor at my church, BTW.)
        >
        > -notall'
      • Jeff C.
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
          notall',
          I wasn't put out by the post. I had just seen it
          before. I agree that it was pretty well done, and
          makes that old tract more readable.

          So what is everyone reading these days? I am back
          to my boring non-fiction kick (according to my wife)
          and reading Eve of Destruction the Yom Kippur War,
          Hacker's Challenge, a CISSP prep book, and in a break
          from that Da Vinci Code.

          Jeff

          --- notallwhowander <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > Well that went over like a screen door on a
          > submarine.
          >
          > Sorry if I put off anyone with that last post &
          > link. Being a devout
          > Christian and an avid fantasy enthusiast/long time
          > D&D player I
          > found it very very funny. I especially appreciated
          > how the authors
          > tried to touch on the reality of all parties
          > represented in the
          > tract. I find the Chick stuff at best campy and
          > embarassing, at
          > worst I imagine what harm such knee-jerk
          > stereotyping can do. Again
          > I apologize for any off-putting I might have done.
          > I'll try and show
          > more decorum next time around.
          >
          > -notall'
          >

          > --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com,
          > notallwhowander
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > Take a group of typical gamers (watching MST3K),
          > throw in a
          > whacked-
          > > out religious tract, mix in a liberal amount of
          > HTML and you get...

          http://www.planetadnd.com/humor/DD-MST3K/?file=dd-mst3k.php

          > > (This was sent to me by the high school pastor at
          > my church, BTW.)
          > >
          > > -notall'

        • avery61
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
            Don't get too PC on us. I for one thought it was hilarious. It was
            campy but certainly entertaining.