Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Newbie!

  • eva_unitjg
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 24, 2003
      I thought Wolves of the Calla was a fantastic read, and that it
      continued the series quite nicely. It wasn't as great as Drawing of
      the Three or the Waste Lands though. I was surprised at the
      returning character from an early King novel, as well as Roland's
      new affliction. The man never seems to catch a break.

      I just finished reading the Wayfarer Redemption, Enchanter, and
      Starman by Sara Douglass. Those awesome novels contain everything
      that is good about the fantasy genre. I was prepared not to like the
      books, but was not prepared at all for how much I enjoyed them. I
      highly recommend them to anyone who has not yet read them.

      Justin

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Laura Wilson"
      <laurawilson25@h...> wrote:
      > I don't know about worth the wait, but it was pretty good. Worth
      another
      > read if I ever re-read the series. It's his normal stuff, just a
      > continuation of the story. I think he's got the whole series
      finished and
      > is staggering the release. I think the next one is due next
      summer and the
      it to the
      > group. I've also adding -osities to alot of my creepy-crawler
      words. It's
      > so random, what he chooses to put in and take from pop culture. I
      don't
      > think I get a lot of the references. And didn't he go back and
      rewrite
      > parts of the books for re-release?
      >
      > Anyhow, I started reading Anne McCaffrey and while I'm not blown
      away, I do
      > like the stories and characters enough to keep going through her
      series
      > (plural). I enjoyed Pegasus a lot and the Crystal Singers.
      Unfortunately
      > my smalltown library doesn't have the complete Dragonriders, so
      I've just
      > read the first one. Of course if I were really determined, I'd
      buy it,
      > right? Not for $6.99 buddy, that's for libraries are for, eh?
      Well, Merry