Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] (unknown)

    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 3, 2003
      stuck up and snob are usually the same, so it's redundant, and
      critical is misspelled, of course. you're telling and not showing.
      This is a classic example of that. Is there anyway to write it
      without telling that he's a stuck up snob?

      "His elitism shown like a beacon, is nose turned up so far in the air
      that a person could see the empty space where his brain should have
      been."

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Marc Vun Kannon"
      <marcvunkannon@e...> wrote:
      > >This is just an excerpt, but what is your opinion on this?
      >
      > He struck me as the sort of stuck up snob whose crtical articles I
      would never read.

      > --
      > Marc Vun Kannon
      > http://www.marcvunkannon.com
      > http://www.echelonpress.com
      > The Flame in the Bowl 1: Unbinding the Stone, released August 2002
      by Echelon Press, now available in trade paperback!
      > 'Chasing His Own Tale', in Wyrd Wravings, forthcoming from Echelon
      Press.

      > And for those of you who prefer yours in a kilt:
      > Wise, witty, and wonderful stories live and breathe (heavily) at
      > http://www.pamelajohnson.net
      >

      > --
    • admin
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 19, 2004
        >I've waited too long for him to get off his duffer and
        >write this series again.

        I thought the second was better than the first, story-wise, but hideously overwritten.

        >Or Terry Brooks writing a new Landover novel and getting away from
        >these regurgitated Shannara books he's been cranking out the last 4
        >years.

        I'd rather see another Knight of the Word book.

        Marc Vun Kannon

        http://www.marcvunkannon.com
        http://www.echelonpress.com

        Unbinding the Stone--making lemonade from fantasy lemons!
        'Chasing His Own Tale'--Don't mess with the Damsel in Distress!