Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Which??

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2003
      I agree with the Hed books. Those are some of my all time favorites.
      They're very short, fast reads. I always hope she'll go back to that
      setting, though every book she writes is different and highly
      enjoyable, like Ombria in Shadow and the Forgotten Beasts of Eld.

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Marc Vun Kannon"
      <marcvunkannon@e...> wrote:
      > >HAHA! i agree totally. Have you read any good SF/F books lately
      that you would recommend?

      > This question gets asked so often I made a list:
      >
      > For military SF try David Weber, especially Mutineer Moon and its
      sequels, and the early Honor Harrington books. For somewhat military
      softer SF try Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan books or Elizabeth
      Moon's Familias Regnant series. In fantasy try Dave Duncan's Seventh
      Sword trilogy, Patricia McKillip's Hed books, Nina Kiriki Hoffman's
      Thread that Binds the Bones, Just about anything by Lawrence Watt-
      Evans. Check out The Long Hot Summoning, the whole Keeper Chronicles
      really, and the Confederacy series, by Tanya Huff. I also got
      Villains Victorious, and two from Stephen Gould (author of Jumper),
      Blind Waves and Wildside.

      > --
      > Marc Vun Kannon
      > http://www.marcvunkannon.com
      > http://www.echelonpress.com
      > The Flame in the Bowl 1: Unbinding the Stone, released August 2002
      by Echelon Press, now available in trade paperback!
      > 'Chasing His Own Tale', in Wyrd Wravings, forthcoming from Echelon
      Press.