Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] The Matrix

  • Matt Baker
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2003
      Having thought that through, it seemed to me that an anomaly is the sum part of giving choice, with the thought of Zion being the choice, with it not really existing at all, but just being another lair of the Matrix to give everyone a subconcious level of choice, or maybe give that 1 percent anomaly of people who wake up and search an illusion of choice. See what i mean? That did not make any sense at all what i just said and neither did the movie. But it was still fun to watch.

      C Robert Cales <meccrc@...> wrote:I think much of it was simply tapping into the tremendous commercial value of the original idea, however this thing about the six previous attempts to free everyone from the matrix is a new wrinkle. I suspect we are witnessing the search for the balance point that will bind the humans and machines together in an effective symbiotic relationship. Neither group survives without the other.

      C. Robert Cales a.k.a. ScaryBob
      Writer of Horror and author of Devil Glass
      www.antitheus-vitrum.com