Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Star Corps

  • Matt Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2003
      Well, grammatical structure might not be important to you, but it is to me and all editors and agents. Bad grammar distracts from any flow there might be, which there wasn't and shows sloppiness and lack of attention to detail. But that is just my opinion.
      POD's don't edit, so that's not your fault. They just take your money.
      "D. Phase" <PSI_Phase@...> wrote:Wow, that was a very well versed and complete sumation with strong reasoning
      and conclusion for someone that read a couple of paragraphs. Speaking as
      someone that has actually read the book,forgive me if I interject. You see I
      didn't review the quintessential essence of it's gramaticl structure. I also
      did not try to catogorize and catalog it's plot or characters. I don't read
      Sci-Fi like a school teacher grading a mid term. I read Sci-Fi for one
      reason and one reason only. That is to be entertained. If I complete a novel
      and I felt like it took me someplace from start to finish, and I enjoyed the
      ride, then that was a good a book. But thanks for your views anyway.

      >From: "Matt" <gauvaine@...>
      >To: fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Star Corps
      >Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:49:39 -0000
      >
      >You know, i don't have a problem with people using POD's, vanity
      >presses and E-publishers to hawk the "books" they've written, but i
      >hate it when they spam groups to try and get people to help them
      >recoup their money or increase their sales. More often than not,
      >these books are terrible, poorly written, badly edited, cliched and
      >just dreadful. Hence being published by a vanity or POD. No self
      >respecting publisher or agent will touch them.
      >
      >I looked at Star Corps "sample" and found 20 grammar mistakes and
      >mispelled words in the first two paragraphs. Not to mention its
      >cliched and there's no characterization and it's all tell and not
      >show.
      >
      >Definitely not worth spending $15 on.
      >
      >The standing policy of this club is to delete spam, especially POD
      >advertisements. But i'm going to leave this one up, just as an
      >example.
      >

      >Matt

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245327.3098817.4420487.1612068/D=egroupweb/S=1705730314:HM/A=1430287/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://www.poetry.com/contest/contest.asp?Suite=A33405";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/intl_library_of_poetry/yahoo_300x250.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245327.3098817.4420487.1612068/D=egroupweb/S=1705730314:HM/A=1430287/R=1/id=altimgurl/*http://www.poetry.com/contest/contest.asp?Suite=A33405";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/intl_library_of_poetry/yahoo_300x250.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

      "For better or worse, you have been marked."